LEARN WHAT'S NEW AT ST. MARY SCHOOL
- Welcome to St. Mary's!
At St. Mary's, students, teachers, and parents work together to create a positive environment that fosters scholastic, social, and spiritual growth. St. Mary's students have many opportunities to live their faith as they study together, pray together, and reach out to assist others around them. Our dedicated staff works very hard to provide a variety of challenging and exciting learning experiences for students. And, parent involvement in our school is tremendous. We invite you to explore our website and contact us online or at (608) 742-4998 to schedule a visit.
- Do you know what 3rd Wednesday Chats are?
Every third Wednesday of the month, parents are welcome to stop in and chat with their child’s teacher(s). You do not need an appointment, just drop in. Teachers will be available from 3:05-3:45pm.
- St. Mary School goals for 2013-14
• Spiritual: The staff and students are promoting daily practices to encourage positive attitudes. Mondays are for Compliments. Tuesdays are for Flexibility. Wednesdays are for Gratitude. Thursdays are for Kindness. Fridays are for Forgiveness.
• Scholastic: Teachers will focus on differentiation in the classroom. Each teacher’s professional goal focuses on different practices for the various learning styles in the classroom.
• Social: The staff will continue to work with students and their families to create events that promote building social connections between families.
- VIRTUS® Classes for Parents and Guardians
We request, that all parents and guardians who would like to volunteer at the school, complete the VIRTUS® training. For upcoming dates and online registration, please visit the THIS LINK.
To learn more about VIRTUS® program, please visit THIS LINK.
- Keep Using Goodsearch!
Please continue to use Goodsearch (www.goodsearch.com) as your search engine. If you are not currently using Goodsearch, please take the time to select St. Mary Catholic School-Portage as your charity of choice, and regularly use this as your search engine. We get a penny for every search!
- Alumni Corner
We are looking to connect with St. Mary’s School alumni. If you are interested in joining our Alumni Committee, please contact us. We have recently completed our first quarterly Alumni Newsletter. If you would like to receive the newsletter in an electronic version, please send us your e-mail.
ISSUE 1 – SPRING 2013 – ALUMNI NEWSLETTER